At Viper Pit Tattoo and Piercing Studio, we take pride in not only providing you with high-quality piercings but also making sure you have all the information you need to take care of them properly. One of the most popular piercings we offer is the ear lobe piercing. Here are some aftercare tips to help your new ear lobe piercing heal properly:
1. Keep it clean: Clean your ear lobe piercing twice a day with saline solution. You can make your own saline solution by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt with 8 ounces of warm water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and gently clean around the piercing.
2. Avoid touching the piercing: Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before touching your piercing. Avoid playing with it or twisting the jewelry. This can cause irritation and slow down the healing process.
3. Be careful when changing jewelry: Don't change your piercing too soon. Wait at least six weeks before changing the jewelry. When you do change it, make sure to use high-quality jewelry that is made from surgical steel or titanium.
4. Avoid sleeping on the piercing: Try to avoid sleeping on the side of the piercing. This can cause irritation and slow down the healing process.
5. Be patient: Healing time for ear lobe piercings can vary. It can take anywhere from four to six weeks to heal completely. Be patient and follow the aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing.
At Viper Pit Tattoo and Piercing Studio, we want you to be happy with your new piercing. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help.